Thursday, December 13, 2012

Directions


WRITTEN FOR ABC WEDNESDAY
Letter D

 DIRECTIONS

Mark, a boy of six years old was waiting outside a store.
A kindly clergyman came up and said 'What are you waiting for?'
'I'm waiting for my mother' the little chap replied,
'She told me to wait here for her while she popped inside'.
'Well, maybe you can help me' the clergyman was heard to say;
'I'm looking for the nearest park; I seem to have lost my way'.
'It's only round the corner' said the little boy at once,
Thinking that the clergyman was something of a dunce!
'Now tell me this' said the clergyman 'Do you go to church young man?
I can show you the way to Heaven! Yes, I really can!'
'Show me the way to Heaven! I don't think so!' said Mark;
'You can't know your way to Heaven if you don't know your way to the park!'
*
-----------------------------------------------------------------








SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO?
(Written in mid-Winter)

Mid-winter here, in the land of Oz;
A gale is blowing outside because
Zooming up here from the far South Pole,
Playing a very wintry role,
A 'cold front' is attacking forcefully,
And a warm bed is attracting me.
I shall switch the electric blanket on,
And snuggle till the chills have gone.
Meanwhile, the Snowy Mountain skiers
Are surely shouting a loud Three Cheers!
The snow season here can't be relied on,
But now there's snow for sleds to ride on!
I long for the balmy days ahead,
But then it will be too hot instead!
And then I know I shall repeat
'Cease, oh, cease thou nasty heat!'
I have to say..... it can't be denied......
That I am not easily satisfied!!!!
*

1 comment:

Jenny said...

A bikini and a coat! I love it! Although I wouldn't be caught dead actually opening it - ha!

Your little story was just delightful, too!

Thanks for the smile!

And thanks for linking.

A+