Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Lady In Red

                                                                                                             Kaemerer


RUBY TUESDAY
http://rubytuesday2.blogspot.com/


LADY IN RED

This painting is enchanting and completely new to me.
(Why are some things well-known, and some we never see?)
I've never heard of the artist, but he may well be famous.
When it comes to painters I'm almost an ignoramus.
The internet has allowed me to enjoy works such as this,
Which, in an earlier era, I'd have been sure to miss.
I love the graceful figure, the hand touching the face,
The pose, half-turned, flirtatiously and yet with consummate grace.
Most of all I love the material, which falls with a lovely drape,
Hiding and yet exposing the young girl's perfect shape.
I feel I could reach and touch it; the texture is so real.
I know, with absolute certainty, how the folds of it would feel.
Of course, there's a little story; her beau looks second-rate;
She's open to all offers, and she can hardly wait.
Finally, look at that 'modern' shoe with its height-of-fashion heel!
What a celebration of timeless sex-appeal!
*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAYMENT IN ADVANCE

She was gorgeous! She was lovely! She was sweet as apple pie!
And I told her that I'd love her till the two of us should die.
But she was a special lady and she only liked the best
And, on my meagre pittance, I couldn't pass the test.
So I told her, in all honesty, that one day I'd be wealthy;
That my father was quite elderly and really quite unhealthy.
I said that if she married me we'd manage for a while
On a promise for the future…… and she smiled that lovely smile.
She made me very happy. She made me very glad.
She kissed me very gently,
And went off and married Dad!
*

8 comments:

Kat said...

The artist has really and painstakingly painted the folds in the dress so well. You've captured that so well. And its a mystery to me how lady folks walk with such heels... As I seem to be floundering to walk with normal shoes :-)))

Rightly brought out in the second poem.
moral: never tell a girl you're going to marry about your dad's wealth and never tell the lady you've married how much you're insured...!!!!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Enjoyed your thoughts on timeless sex appeal! Somehow the red dress does it without fail! And those rollicking poems of yours are always so entertaining! Such fun!

Kim, USA said...

Hahaha oh geez!! The second poem made me laugh. The painting is indeed very pretty. ^_^

Red Barn

Ralph said...

The lady in red has an aura and a real sense of class. What in the world is she doing hanging around with HIM...??

Red Nomad OZ said...

Hahaha! You're SO talented!! I'm more than an ignoramus when it comes to art - but this is a poetry, art, culture and entertainment lesson all in one!!

PS Weird how the two pictures show women who ended up with someone dodgy ...

gengen said...

Always creative in posting...happy RT!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Not meaning to be rude to the lady, but she looks like a tart!

BOY IN BRIGHT RED SHORTS

Boy in bright red shorts,
With a shirt of blue,
Strolling on the Malecón —
I wish I were you;

Carefree and content,
Nothing much to do,
Chillin’ in your bright red shorts
And your shirt of blue.


© 2012 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Child of the Huichol

Leah H. said...

I like her long gown red dress. So lovely!

Visiting for RT 2! Here's my share- hope you can stop by:)

http://www.sweethomephilippines.com/2012/01/radio-control-dune-buggy.html