Thursday, July 21, 2011

Welcome Addition


WELCOME ADDITION

The flowers arranged so lovingly
For everyone in the church to see.
The yellows, russets, greens and reds,
Catching eyes and turning heads.
But when a light was added to
This already perfect view,
The shadow also was created,.
Then, bless my soul, another light,
Doubled-up on the delight.
Shadow on shadow and flower on flower,
All to improve the shining hour.
*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------


MY BLUE HEAVEN

I've never understood, have you,
Why feeling sad is feeling 'blue'?
Here I am by a blue blue sea,
With shadows blue as they can be,
Under the bluest of blue skies!
It would be a great surprise
If I were feeling sad and wan
With all that blueness going on!
'My Blue Heaven' my favourite hue,
And I certainly DON'T feel 'blue'!
*

No comments: