Sunday, July 18, 2010

The End of Summer


                                Brenda Bryant

THE WEEKEND IN BLACK AND WHITE
http://blackandwhiteweekend.blogspot.com/

THE END OF SUMMER

She returned from the beach
Sandy,
Tired,
 Dishevilled
And utterly satisfied.
*
She kicked off her sand-shoes
On the balcony.
*
Slightly burned from the sun,
She yearned for a cooling shower.
*
Tomorrow she would do it all again.
*
But while she was in the shower
Summer ended.
*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



PRECIOUS DROP!

Said the Little Green Toad to the Little Old Tap
'I hope we don't meet with some mishap!
The world is full of pain and slaughter
But I can manage if I have water.
Water! The very stuff of life!
Without it every other strife
Doesn't really mean a thing.
Water rules! Water is king!
Let's hope those humans keep it flowing!
If not, I don't know where we're going!
*

3 comments:

Julie said...

However, today promises to be a brilliant winter's day! 19C with the wind hanging off until later. Get out and about I say.

Dragonstar said...

Isn't that just what summer does? I like the little puddles.

annell4 said...

I am reminded of another poem which begins, End of Summer makes me wistful....Ase Lilleskare Faugsrad. Yes, while she was in the shower, summer ended... Thank you.