Friday, June 25, 2010

The Lookout


THE LOOKOUT

To see distant shores
He climbs, higher, ever higher.
His tree trunk is a swaying mast and he is set fair.
*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROTH WRATH!


Though I admire the elegant moth
In the coffee art above,
I really hate the awful froth
That others seem to love!
Bubble-baths I also hate
(I'd rather have a shower)
The froth I cannot contemplate;
It really makes me cower!
When coffee-drinking is my aim
I want the rich brown brew!
That pallid stuff is rather lame
And cold and floppy too!
It lingers round my upper lip
And wetly hits my nose.
The lingering traces start to drip,
Unattractive, I suppose!
Likewise at bath-time it's the same
The bubbles grow all chilly,
The body-parts I dare not name
Start freezing, willy-nilly!
Give me clear water, deep and hot,
With a uniform immersion!
And coffee will not hit the spot
Unless it's the froth-less version!

*

1 comment:

mrsnesbitt said...

Love it Brend! Hubby gave up milk in his tea about 3 years ago - for health matters - he still has 3 or 4 bags of crisps a night though! lol!