Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Scream


THEME THURSDAY
http://themethursday.blogspot.com/


THE SCREAM!
(No, not the famous one!)

Very trying!
A baby's crying!
I should feel tender;
With female gender.
I should feel clucky
And Mother Ducky.
I should say 'Ah!
How sweet you are!'
I should feel gentle
And elemental.
My hormones gushing
Should send me rushing
To hold him tight
Saying 'It's all right!'
Instincts maternal
From time eternal
Should make me run
To the screaming one!
My voice so sweet
Soft and discrete,
Should murmur low
'I love you so!'
*
But, here's the truth.....
I just say 'Streuth!
Little boys
Make too much noise!'
*


A warm story of real-life mother-love here:



6 comments:

RAJI MUTHUKRISHNAN said...

He he!

Glennis said...

Yep ain't that the truth! Haha
Nice funny post.

storyteller said...

Wonderful ... I do enjoy your photos and whimsical rhymes.
Hugs and blessings,

Wings1295 said...

Cute post! :)

Mrsupole said...

That is a sweet poem. I like it.
Thank you for sharing it. Happy TT.

God bless.

Kat said...

Am sure Greg and Rebecca would endorse that..!!!