Tuesday, September 16, 2008

133. Important Blogger




I hear the Queen of England enjoys looking at Blogs! Probably a secretary stands by to assist and direct, but it's nice to think that she might stumble upon 'ABC WEDNESDAY' by accident!

IMPORTANT BLOGGER!

I hear the Queen is Blogging! Well, goodness! Bless my soul!
You wouldn't think she'd have the time, with her important role!
I hear the Queen is Blogging! What a turn-up for the books!
She's joined us all in cyberspace....... the Quilters and the Cooks,
The Gardeners and the Artists and the funny folk who Rhyme,
And, honestly, I can't imagine how she finds the time!
Once, long ago, I saw the Queen from the streets of London town;
I wore a plastic rain-hat; she wore a golden crown!
I stood with a million others and I waved a flag and cheered
As her golden coach and entourage finally appeared.
I'd stood all night in pouring rain; I was cold and I was wet,
But the thrill of the Coronation lingers with me yet.
We've gone our separate ways since then, she's slightly better-known!
I'm the one with the mortgage; she's the one with the throne.
But now we're both in cyberspace, disembodied as it were,
And if she ever reads my Blog......... Holy Moses! What a stir!
She might even leave a Comment to show where she has been!
I think she'd say 'I like your verse' and sign herself 'The Queen'.
And 'ABC on Wednesday' might attract the royal view!
She might join-in, but she'll have to wait until we get to 'Q'!

16 comments:

Bear Naked said...

Brenda:
You are the Queen of Rhyme and if Queen Elizabeth were to read your blog I am sure that she would agree with me.
A perfect I post for ABC Wednesday.

Bear((( )))

Kat said...

'I like your verse'

Signed:

Mortgage King :)

Anonymous said...

That is such a nice entry... what if the Queen did stumble on this post? Wow.

My "I" picture is posted here. Happy Wednesday!

Buddhist in Training said...

What a fab post and a brilliant verse. I do hope her majesty comes across it.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I salute your wit and verve.

Kim from Hiraeth said...

That was GREAT! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I know the Queen will when she visits!

The Mulligan Family said...

Oh Brenda... You're so talented and creative. Wonderful posting for ABC Wednesday!

Maria Verivaki said...

hilarious, absolutely huilarious!

magiceye said...

I say Aye to this wonderful post!

Leslie: said...

Thoroughly enjoyed that! I'm quite the Queen and other royalty watcher. Wouldn't it really be something if she DID stumble upon us! lol

Marie Reed said...

What a gem! Q here we come!

me ann my camera said...

Nice old photos!
ann at Gallimaufry Gleanings

AphotoAday said...

Makes perfect sense to me...
Very interesting...

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh Brenda, this indeed is awesome! A fantastic post. Thanks so much.
Dxx

photowannabe said...

Well you tickled my funny bone with this one.
Terrific post.

Margaret Gosden said...

And I was there, too, with you, (and the boyfriends) spending all night long under raincoats until the moment when one of us managed to get a photograph as the Royal coach went by! All I got was a lot of heads!! I don't know I came to miss commenting on this so memorable occasion.