Wednesday, June 11, 2008

20. Baby and the Bunyip

A Bunyip is the Australian equivalent of a Yeti or a Bigfoot. No-one knows what a Bunyip looks like 'in reality' so my description will do as well as any other! I suggested methods of treating these 'educational' poems as phonic aids when I introduced 'The Average Alligator'.

BABY AND THE BUNYIP (B b)

Baby met a Bunyip and said 'How do you do!
I never, never, never, saw a creature such as you!
You buzz just like a bumble bee; you're brown just like a bear;
You sit beneath a banyan tree and brush your bushy hair.
Your eyes are bright as buttons and you bark just like a bird!
Your nose is like a buttered bun! Now isn't that absurd!
You're made of lots of bits and bobs and none of them agree!
But let me tell you, Bunyip.... you look beautiful to me!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Loved the Average Alligator and the Baby & Bunyip.... Can see that you're a great teacher and the darling of kids.

Am going to store all these for my grandchildren someday :-))